Saturday, October 1, 2011

Sept. 28, 2011

How was meeting Elder Croft's brother? Thats kind of weird! I'm sure the whole family is a bunch of good kids though. I have sad news though! Elder Croft and I are no longer companions, he was transferred to the city today. Kind of sad huh? We thought we were going to be together for another transfer for sure but nope I guess not! My new companion is Elder Valetano. He is from Mexico so maybe this means Ill start getting better at Spanish! I don't know if I told you this but I haven't been able to drive this whole transfer because I'm classified as a class B driver. Pretty much means im not a good driver. So Elder Croft has been driving the whole time but now Elder Valetano doesn't have a license so im going to be doing all the driving. Wish me luck! I just barely met him like an hour ago and he seems like a pretty funny kid. Mom's gonna be ticked but.....I forgot my camera so i cant send you pictures this week. But hey! Something to look forward too right? Ill try taking more pictures too, I just forget that I have a camera with me sometimes. I have not yet received the package with my shoes but maybe soon.

Well a little about my week.... We have two people on date for baptism! Cool huh? Jose Paz and Silvia. Jose Paz we have been teaching for a while and is going to be baptized the 9th. Silvia we have only taught once and she is getting baptized the 16th. We are pretty excited and are looking forward to it. Conference weekend will be exciting. I think we can either go to the stake center and watch it or go to a members house. I probably wont get too much out of it since ill be watching it in Spanish but we will find out ha. The weather has been great here. The leaves are starting to turn orange and its going to look super pretty because there are a ton of trees out here. Ill see what I can do about taking some pictures for you ;) This transfer is going to be way different without Elder Croft. He was a good missionary (well he still is, he isn't dead) I learned a ton from him and im excited to learn from my new companion. I'm glad to hear about the success in your individual lives and I encourage to keep up the good work. Make sure you pay good attention to conference. Have a particular challenge or question in your mind before it starts on Saturday and I promise you will receive either some help or and answer. The words of the prophets truly are scripture and we can learn so much if we would only heed to their counsel. Ill share with you some things I learn from conference if you share with me what you learn. This life is an opportunity for us to become like our Savior Jesus Christ I challenge you to always remember this in everything you do. "Will this bring me closer to my Savior or take me farther away from him" The Savior suffered for all of us and he will lessen our pain and take away our grief and sorrows if we would only repent. We got the easy part of the deal :) I love you all and I look forward to hearing from you soon. Remember the Savior in all things! and Dont forget to smile!

Love Elder Gleed

No comments:

Post a Comment