Thursday, July 7, 2011

Hey guys!
How are you all doing? Sounds like you have been keeping pretty busy with everything, good to hear! How was the 4th of July, everything you dreamed it would be?
I'm sorry to hear about Mr. Mangleson's son, that is horrible. I hope things get better for him and his family. Good thing we have the gospel for trials like these! Imagine where we would be in life without it! That's crazy that Parker is already about to head out for the MTC, is he speaking spanish? I forgot, well if he is there is a chance he could be in my zone because we lost almost 25 missionaries this last week and a half. I'm glad to hear Shacie and Tyler enjoyed their trip, it sounds like a lot of fun. Hopefully packing and getting ready for Logan turns out to be just as fun! Cinnamon rolls with raisins? Are you kidding me Grandma? That's gross.... ha Make sure to tell her happy birthday for me!
Life here in the MTC is pretty much the same. We have a scheduled day of events every single day which takes up the entire day, no time for free time really except when its time to go to bed. Here is our basic schedule: 7:00 a.m. Personal Study Time, 7: 30 Desayuno (breakfast), 8:00 Service, 9:30 Gym, 11:00 Personal Study Time, 12:00 Almuerzo (lunch), 12:45-3:45 Classroom instruction, 3:45-4:45 Language Study, 5:00 Cena (Dinner), 5:45-8:45 Classroom Instruction, 9:00 Daily Planning, 9:15 head back to rooms, 10:15 Quiet time, 10:30 Bedtime. Pretty sweet eh? Not all days are like that but pretty close, that is my Miercoles(wedenesday) schedule. I exercise every night with Elder Walton and Elder Spear, it can get pretty tough sometimes! Elder Spear is a state champ wrestler and Elder Walton played college football. Chilling only occurs right before bed and on P days, especially for the next month because the temple is closed which is kind of a bummer. We are suppose to speak spanish as much as possible which can be pretty difficult but helps you get better. Our teachers only speak spanish though so I guess I'm doing pretty well since I'm learning right? So it turns out that Tucky was sent home, he has to get surgery on it and I think the minimum recovery time will be six weeks, so he will be out for a while, I know it was heart breaking for him and I wish him the best. I have a picture I will send soon of us two which was the last time I saw him before he went home.
In my classes we pretty much learn how to teach our investigators. I am in a pilot program where they have us focus on the investigators more. We aren't really taught spanish in a general way but we learn what we need to know in order to help the investigator or meet their needs. Example: If we want to challenge Josue to read the Book of Mormon we need to know the future tenses, so that's what we study so we can challenge him to do that. Me explico? (get it?)
Well hopefully i can tell you enough about me, time is running out on the computer. Well on Saturday we had a pretty big 4th of July celebration here, it was way cool! We had a fireside, sang songs and listened to a guy who has been the assistant to six U.S. presidents. We then had bagpipes play for us and kind of a multi cultural show going on to celebrate the freedom all around the world. They focused the fireside on how the freedom of American led to the restoration of the Gospel. We then all got ice cream and were allowed to watch the Stadium of Fire fireworks as long as we stayed inside the MTC fences of course. It was really cool. Nothing else cool has really happened that I can think of, just normal MTC stuff. My companion and I are pretty much the only ones in our district that don't argue ha We work well together. The language is coming along pretty well. I have something I'd like to share with you guys though, just a thought. This week I've heard a lot the saying "Nobody is perfect" and it has got me thinking. Nobody is perfect is not an excuse, Its a challenge. We should always strive to be perfect, its what Heavenly Father wants us to do. There is always something that we can improve on, ALWAYS. We all can be perfect because it is possible, Our Savior, Jesus Christ did it. I challenge you guys to strive to be perfect in every thought, deed and action. No excuses! I know I'm struggling but I will try and do better! I will try and get you guys a letter to tell you more about my week. But time is running out so will talk to you soon. Love and miss you guys!
Thanks again for the letters and everything again!
The future is as bright as your faith!!!'
Love Elder Gleed

No comments:

Post a Comment