Friday, July 1, 2011

June 30, 2011

Hey Guys
How are things going at home? You guys seem like your staying pretty busy, hopefully you guys get some time to settle down. I am sending pictures home today so don't worry, I knew how to do it but I just had to wait for them to be develop and then my District leader is a little strict and wont let us write or send anything home until our P day which is today. You should probably get them tomorrow. Thanks for the addresses but I'm only allowed to email family. So i need the addresses of their houses instead. But thanks for the effort and the letters and packages, its always exciting to get mail and especially when you get a lot of mail. Mom, I don't know if i have gained weight but ill probably check tomorrow. Ive been working out and eating healthy so hopefully something good comes from it. Sorry if my letters are somewhat short and choppy but I only get 30 minutes and its hard to get everything in, in only thirty minutes but I'll do my best.
This week was a pretty sweet week. On Friday we had a surprise fireside where we were able to hear from Elder Bednar, it was a great talk about becoming Preach my Gospel missionaries. Elder Ballard, Oaks, Holland, Nelson, Scott, and Anderson were also there. I sang in the choir for that fireside, I mostly did it though so I would get a guaranteed spot at the fireside, good thinking huh? Then it has been a pretty crazy week here because they are having the New mission presidents seminar, there are tons of General Authorities coming in and out of the MTC, the prophet was here on Wednesday but I didn't see him. Then Sunday was the highlight of the week. Before the actual sacrament meeting I got to hear Elder Holland, Perry, Cook and Nelson speak and bear testimony. Then when I was actually passing the sacrament Elders Holland, Bednar, Cook, Nelson, Scott, Perry, Anderson, Christofferson, and Eyring were in attendance. President Eyring spoke and it was super sweet, it was a great experience. My testimony of the love that the apostles have for us increased tremendously as they blew kisses, waved and smiled with their cheesy grins. They are truly men of God and called of God, I know that mission presidents are called of God as well and I want to assure you guys that I will be in great hands with the Matsumori's. The love that these presidents have for their God and their missionaries is indescribable. I can't wait to be in the mission field. I met Sister Beck and talked to her for a moment or two and walked right pass Elder CooK and he smiled, made me feel pretty cool... Since that great experience I've been striving to "lose myself in the work" and not be so selfish and worrying about my needs. I hope I can become the missionary you guys want me to be and more importantly the missionary our Heavenly Father expects me to be. In the mean time things are pretty normal here in the MTC, the weather looks beautiful through the little window in our tiny classroom, I've never appreciated the sunshine so much in my life. During our Gym time we spend most of our time playing beach volleyball and it's a ton of fun I love it. The language is coming along nicely and I've probably taught about 10 lessons now in Spanish, Elder Chugg and I are slowly getting better. Our service here is pretty much just cleaning other buildings. Elder Walton and I usually tag team and conquer the toilets when were cleaning, I think I might want to do that when I get home..... I've been getting letters from you guys Cindy, Angel and Brooklyn so far. For fourth of July apparently the MTC presidency has some activities for us to do and I heard we get to watch the Stadium of Fire, Fireworks. I'll let you know though. I haven't gotten sick from the food yet but I'm pretty sure everyone else has. Thanks so much for the letters and packages they make my day more than you will ever know! I miss and love you guys so much. I want you guys to know that I know this church is true and I am learning to love it more and more. If you guys have any questions or going through some rough times I'm always here to listen and i will do my best to help out. Heavenly Father loves you and is aware of every single one of you DON'T FORGET IT!

Well time is running out I'll talk to you in a week!
Love
Elder Austin Gleed

No comments:

Post a Comment