Monday, January 9, 2012

Dec. 14, 2011

Well howdy!
Man I swear the weeks are going by way to fast. Tomorrow is 6 months, next week Elder Edwards goes home and then its Christmas! Where in the world did the time go! This has been a pretty good week out here in Kenzington. We have made a ton of trips to the visitors center to go to the concerts and stuff (p.s. I met Jenny Oaks Baker, if you know who that is(daughter of Dallin H. Oaks)) We have had a ton of dinner appointments with members and even more teaching appointments. Ive been seeing some people that I know in the D.C. South Mission such as friends in the MTC and then my old Elder's Quorum president from my singles ward was at the VC yesterday. Pretty cool! Today we went to the temple for Elder Edwards last temple session as a missionary, sad stuff! Then I just barely got done playing some basketball with all the missionaries. On Monday we had our mission Christmas party which we watched a movie and some food and played some games. The movie we watched was Kung Fu Panda 2! Crazy right? I love that movie but it will be interesting to see what we watch next year because I will probably not have heard of it. Santa came to the party and I was able to get a picture with him, so don't worry Santa still makes his stops to Missionaries. We had the Baptism of Fernando on Sunday which was really cool. He was baptized by his brother and he is going to be a great missionary one day, we are very excited for him. After we went to the VC with him to go and listen to a concert. The highlight of the week probably happened on Monday night though. We had a dinner scheduled with Carolina's family that night. We decided that we needed to get her something for being so awesome. So Elder Edwards and I bought her a quad with her name on it and then wrote our testimonies in it along with some of our favorite scriptures. We were super stoked to give it to her. When she saw she broke down crying, it was cool to see that a pair of scriptures could mean so much to someone. It definitely made my desire increase to read and use the scriptures more in my life. The scriptures should be that important to everyone and they can be that important if we read them with faith and search them diligently. I hope your guys are all still reading your scriptures daily!!
It sounds like you all are remaining to stay super busy. I want to see this comedy thing Dillon is doing, I'm sure its pretty funny, sorry to hear about the car troubles bud ha. I'm pretty much done with Christmas shopping I just need to get it all packaged up and sent. So hopefully i can finish that all today! Now about the glasses...I didn't get new ones on my birthday and no I don't need new ones but Id like new ones, just to shake things up a little bit you know? If you have more contacts for me go ahead and send them. I think for the most part that was all of your questions. Thanks for the last package that was super cool with the book and everything, Bradens voice is getting deeper! ha atta boy! Everyone said I sound exactly like Dad. I hope you enjoyed your letter and there will be pictures soon! No se preocupen!! But You guys are awesome and thanks so much for your support and prayers I appreciate it all so much! I cant wait to talk to you guys on Christmas. Keep working hard and continue to love one another!! And don't ever forget to smile!!
Elder Gleed

No comments:

Post a Comment