Monday, January 9, 2012

Dec. 28, 2011

It was great to talk to you all on the phone this last Sunday, I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did! At first I thought it would be a little awkward talking on the phone with you guys just because its been so long but I felt like we just picked up from our last phone call. It sounded like you all were doing super good and I'm impressed with what you have done since I left. Christmas was a lot of fun out here. The only bummer is that it doesn't last very long but there is always next year! Glad to hear that you got all of my packages and I hope you liked them. Well not a whole ton has gone on since I talked to you last Sunday but things are continuing to go well. I talked to James (Elder Edwards) on the phone last night! He sounds like he is doing good and he made sure to tell me about all of the super cute girls he is talking to ha. It sounds like he has been incredibly busy this last week with Christmas and everything. I talked to him for about 40 minutes, it was good to hear from him. Some of the big things that happened this week are first we got a new baptismal date! His name is Marcos and he was super golden. He really has the desire to know the truth and is willing to do what it takes to find it. We thought when he asked him to come to church at 8:30 in the morning that he would say no but he said yeah ill go. Then as we were leaving the house I realized that we weren't in our area. So technically he doesn't count as our investigator so we had to transfer his information to some other missionaries, it was sad but as long as he gets baptized and continues to build his relationship with Christ it doesn't matter who teaches him. Another thing is we went to the Festival of Lights with Carolina's mom for the first time yesterday. She absolutely loved it. After the concert she comes up to and says "What else can you guys show me?" So we showed her pretty much everything that the Visitors Center has to offer and she loved it. The only way I can describe it is like a little school girl. It was really neat to see. She will be baptized soon and its all because of the example that Carolina has been setting for her family. I cant wait to see where this family goes in the near future. I'm excited for them! So what did you guys think of my companion? Carolina? They are both pretty cool right? I am blessed to have been able to get to know people like them on my mission. And I'm sure there will be plenty more people to meet. The mission is going great and I'm trying to become a better missionary every day. Oh one more story so on Tuesday nights we go and do our laundry. We have to do it in the building where the temple workers pretty much all live but after we put in our laundry we go and talk to Sister Hare upstairs, she is probably in her 70's or 80's and she is a single missionary out here. Her husband passed away almost 10 years ago. Well Elder Edwards and I met her probably about a month ago down in the laundry room, she asked us our named and we talked for probably about 5 minutes and then we had to go. She said that we could come over anytime and then we went our separate ways. Well about 2 or 3 weeks ago I was running into the Visitors center when this lady stops me and she says "Hey! your the missionary that I met in the laundry room! Elder....Gleed from Lehi Utah! and your companions name is Elder Edwards from Draper." It took me a second to remember who she was to be honest because I only talked to her for a couple of minutes. But then she said "Why haven't you guys come by my house yet?" Well of course I felt horrible after she said that but no Elder Edwards (now Elder lee) and I try to go over there every Tuesday night just to sit down and talk with her. I love it. She is an incredible lady with incredible faith. We just pretty much just sit around and let her talk about her kids and her husband and how great of a man he was. It may be only a couple minutes a week but I can tell that it means the world to her when we come by and just talk. So I want to invite you guys to do something out of your way for others. Strive to make a difference in someones life, it can be something as simple as a compliment. I love that time that I get to talk to Sister Hare and I feel closer to my Savior as I'm doing it. I promise you will feel the Lords love more abundantly in your lives as you strive to give that love to other. I love you and miss you all. I hope your having a great holiday season and i cant wait to hear from you again.
Love Elder Gleed

No comments:

Post a Comment