Monday, January 9, 2012

Dec. 7, 2012

Dearest Gleed Family
From what I hear it sounds like everyone is doing great! Service at the salvation army dinner was a ton of fun, I'm glad Sis. Matsumori continues to update that, I'm sure she has a ton of pictures on that. I'm excited to check it out when I get back. Things in Kenzington are going great and we are having a lot of fun and success. We have a baptism this Sunday for Fernando, and he is stoked. I'm pretty sure that everyone and their dog is going to be there from what it sounds like. Which is great. We had the Christmas First presidency fireside a couple of nights ago that we were able to attend which was awesome. I love listening to the apostles and prophet. Definitely helped my perspective on the Christmas season. There is a change in the atmosphere out here as we go around teaching everyone and doing service. I love it. This is Elder Edwards last free P day before we have death temple and then transfers, pretty sad eh? He doesn't want to go home, He loves it out here. I don't know if you know this or not but He actually went home about the same time I was starting my mission. He dislocated his shoulder while playing soccer and then did it again playing basketball so he had to go home and get some surgery. He was home for 7 weeks. He always tells us to keep our minds here in the mission because the world has nothing better to offer. Of course our families and friends are at home but other than that you will not be able to find that same spirit that you feel out here on the mission. I try my best to think this way. Elder Edwards is a great example and I'm learning a ton from him. We have had a ton of lessons this week and we have even more in the future. With the festival of lights there isn't time to relax. Ill take some pictures of the temple and all the lights and send them to you. Were going to try and go to costco to get some pictures developed so I will try and send some home soon. Mom I am already half way done with your letter, so its in the works just be patient. It will be there before you know it. So this morning we just had the alpha battle, you are going to have to ask Brooklyn to get some more info about that ha. Long story short Elder Edwards beat Elder Kuddes aka. Cuddles and is Alpha. Ill tell you on the phone or something. We have been playing a ton of basketball this transfer and Elder Edwards and I are going to go to a yoga class next week for Death temple, were excited. The only problem is I'm not very flexible, so I will let you know how it goes. How are things going in Utah? Has it changed a lot? a lot of construction still? Quick story, So Edwards and I had to go on splits the other day because we had so many appointments and I had to teach a lesson pretty much all by myself, crazy right? Well it went really well and they understood everything I said and now we have a new baptismal date! Arnold is from Honduras and is about 18 or 19 he will be getting baptized the 1st of January. Its really cool. We have been seeing a ton of golden investigators this transfer that are amazing and truly blessings for us to be able to teach. Well we have to go up to the city but I will be sending a package home soon with some pictures and everything. Hope all is well and remember I love you all. I cant wait to hear from you again and please let me know if I can do anything for you! Serve each other this Christmas season, make it a memorable one! "Service with a smile"--Kung fu panda
Love Elder Gleed

No comments:

Post a Comment