Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Nov. 30, 2011

How are you? and the rest of the family? It sounds like you guys are all enjoying the holidays so far! It sounds like the family is doing well, glad to hear about Great Grandma, 'im sure there is no way she remembers me! Thanksgiving was a ton of fun. We started the day playing some good ole Turkey bowl with some ward members. One of the running backs from the red skins actually showed up and started playing with us it was really cool. Then after that we returned to the apartment and wrote letters and stuff because we weren't allowed to proselyte. Then we had a thanksgiving lunch with a member were we had chicken and rice. Then our Thanksgiving dinner took place at one of the Elder Edwards' recent converts named Lorrenia. We had lamb, pork, duck and then some other Hispanic food. But overall it was a great experience and a lot of fun. Other than that we've been teaching a ton of lessons, we definitely have a ton more to do in this area. There are about 10 times as many Hispanics in the area. So this Saturday we had a baptism, her name is Carolina. She's twenty years old and is amazing! She loves the gospel and cant wait to go to the temple. I had to give a talk about baptism at her baptism and had to translate for President Matsumori. I swear I always have to give a talk or something when President is there! Then the next day was church and she was confirmed, she said it was the best day of her life. I had to give a talk in sacrament meeting about the light of Christ in sacrament meeting and I think I did alright. Ive gotten over my fear of public speaking now I just need to work on my Spanish! The weather here has been ridiculous the last week or two. Its been in the seventies!! I'm loving it but I think it will probably start getting a little more chilly this week. Its almost December! I cant believe it! December means things around here are going to get super busy with the lights and everything! We have to take over the sisters areas because they are going to be at the Visitors center practically all day so we are going to be swamped with appointments! It should be fun! Ill take some pictures! yesterday we had a lesson with Carolina at the VC about Temples and she is so pumped to go through one day and to serve a mission. She is hoping to serve in Utah which I am too because that would be sweet if she could meet all you guys! We all took pictures of us touching the temple, she is definitely one of the "elect" that we missionaries dream about teaching. Some background info about her. She is from Peru and she wanted to start looking into the church a couple of years ago but her parents wouldnt let her. but now that she is 20 her parents have decided she can make her own decisions and so she started to take the lessons and felt an overwhelming feeling that it is true. Her family still didn't want her to baptized but she did it anyways because she knew it was true. She's incredible! I have an other Investigator named Fernando who is going to get baptized on the 11th of December who might be going to Utah for Christmas break, he is 14 years old and he reminds me of Dillon. he is going to try to hook up with Elder Edwards and maybe stop by you guys and meet you all! Ill keep you updated on that! I hope everything is going well for you guys and that you are all enjoying the holiday season! I know I am! I don't know if Ive ever been so excited for Christmas music and lights before in my life!! During this holiday season there is a change in everyone that you can see. I believe its because everyone stops thinking about themselves and begins to think a little bit more about others. They begin to put the Christ in Christmas which if you break that apart you have "Christ" and "mas" which mas means more in Spanish so that just shows we need to think more of Christ in our lives. If our attitude is constantly centered on Christ the adversary will not be able to take us off the straight and narrow path that leads to the Savior. "Doing the things that matter most, will lead us to the Savior of the World" --Uchtdorf. I hope your all doing well and I cant wait to hear from you soon. I love you and don't forget to smile!!
Elder Gleed

No comments:

Post a Comment