Saturday, November 5, 2011

Oct. 19, 2011

HEY! So Denmark eh? What language do they speak there? I'm excited to maybe go to some Spanish speaking countries when I get back. I hope you guys are having a fun time and managing to stay safe! I didn't receive a package from you but I did receive Angels and the food was still good and I ate it all ha. Although I have to apologize if there was a letter attached to it because if there was I didn't find it. I thought I saw letter when I was first opening it but I never saw it again so hopefully there wasn't ha. How long are you guys going to stay in Denmark? Sorry about the pictures there just really isn't too much to take pictures of in my opinion ha. There is just a bunch of trees in my area but I will see what I can do for you. And whenever I have someone take a picture for me its just super blurry because no one knows how to work a camera here or something. ha. Yeah I don't have Shacie's email but Ill write her a letter I told her to send me an email if she wanted me to send her anything but she didn't so I guess we'll wait on that one. Glad to hear your got to see Brooklyn this week. Sounds like she is doing great. Braden was saying he is not sure about being Oscar anymore and that he is learning about Ancient Egypt in Mr. A's class. Man I loved that class! I hope he is enjoying it as much as I did! Any news on how Dillon did at his race? I went running yesterday for the first time in a while, Like almost a month ha. I decided I'm to skinny and I need to thicken up a little ha. I weight 148 right now so I'm definitely heavier than I was last time you saw me! There are some crazy weight loss stories here on the mission! There is an Elder who lost more than 200 pounds! Elder Fawcett (lives with me and is from Canada) lost almost 150 I'm pretty sure on his mission! Shows what riding a bike and eating a little less food can do! Unfortunately there are also the Elders that were like swim captains and super buff that are now just fat ha. Mostly because people don't work out in the morning like they should but I love it! So a little about my week. Well today we just got done with our Zone activity which was Laser tagging. It was way fun! It was kind of like that place in Provo but a little better (in my opinion) My code name was Darth Vader (just thought Id let you know) and it was a blast. We are going to play basketball today with some investigators today so I'm looking forward to that. A lot of people have been coming up to me after we played basketball after our temple trip saying that they didn't think I was serious about basketball so now everyone wants to play against me and we keep getting invited to play with other Elders ha. A counselor in the bishopric wants to play me too ha. But this week Hermano Paz received the priesthood and the Holy Ghost and you can see the joy its bringing into his life and the lives of his family. The other day we were over there for dinner and we mentioned patriarchal blessings and asked him if he had heard of them and he said:"no.....but tell me about it!!" He has a pure desire to learn and grown in the gospel and its amazing, we love teaching him! Other than that things have been pretty normal, were still working on the roach situation and apparently Elder Valdetano has bedbugs. Oh and about Elder Valdetano remember how you asked me last week if you guys should send him stuff because he doesn't get very much and I told you yes? Well scratch that! ha He got like 5 letters this week and I got nothing haha. I'm just kidding. He is a great companion. Glad to hear things are going well at home! So I'm actually at Montgomery college right now emailing and its kind of weird being back in the college feel but as a missionary ha Well this week during my personal studies I read a talk by President Uchtdorf titled "you are my hands" I don't know if you have read it but its a great one. In his talk he shares a story that took place in Europe after the second World War. There was a statue of Christ that was severely damaged due to the bombing and devastation's of the war. The community did their best to restore it to its original glory but parts of it were so damaged that they couldn't be repaired including the hands. Instead of bringing in a professional to fix the problem the town decided to leave it how it was and later a sign was put on it that read "you are my hands" I love the idea of us taking upon ourselves the name of Christ when we are baptized. Not only is it a great blessing to be counted worthy for this honor but also to be blessed with the trials and burdens that come with striving to become more like our Savior. In Preach My Gospel there is a chapter entirely about Christlike Attributes where we can learn more specifically about each one and what we need to do in order to obtain it. In Elder Uchtdorf's talk he continues to go on and say when the Savior left a room he left a feeling of peace and people felt edified by his presence. As followers of Christ who strive to be more like Him everyday, shouldn't we do the same for others? I challenge you along with myself to be Christlike in all that you do! I promise blessings of happiness, strength, peace and so much more will begin to flood into your life as you make this commitment. I am sincerely convinced that It is so much easier to be Christlike when we have a smile our face :) So never forget to smile! I love you and pray for you all every day, stay safe and choose the right! Talk to you in a week!
Elder Gleed

No comments:

Post a Comment