Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Nov. 23, 2011

Hey family!
How's everything going? Today for me has been a very long and busy day and unfortunately I don't have a ton of time to write again (sorry) But for today we had a big service project with the Salvation Army. We made food and then served it to around 5,000 people the last two days. My responsibility was over the gravy and mashed potatoes. Man do I make some mean mashed potatoes! It was a ton of fun and a lot of hard work as well but definitely worth it! Sister Matsumori took a ton of pictures so make sure to check on her blog. After Elder Edwards and I made our way to the Holocaust museum which was super interesting! It was really cool to see and learn more about the past with World War 2 and everything but really sad as well! We spent about 3 hours there just walking around and reading all the stuff. Were still planning on a baptism this Saturday which we are super excited for and it looks like ill be giving a talk on baptism so we will see how that goes! Another thing that happened this week unfortunately was that a member in our ward got in a really bad car accident and passed away Friday night. So we had the funeral and viewing and everything earlier this week. The family is doing really well though and they have amazing faith so they will be fine. She (the wife of the man who died) said something very profound in her talk about the atonement that we thought was really cool. She said "I'm sad that I lost my husband but i'm not suffering from it, the Lord Jesus Christ already suffered for it so there is no need to it again" Pretty cool eh? We all need to have that mentality when it comes to situation like that. It would definitely make things a ton easier. We also had dinner with this really interesting man who works for Homeland security. His job is to plan out the opperations to find terrorists pretty much. So after 9/11 he helped plan how to take out Bin Laden after. Crazy job right? He teaches at John Hopkins University and is a super smart guy and has been giving Elder Edwards and I a ton of tips for the future. By the way I think im narrowing down what I want to do in the future by the way! But I dont want to say anything yet because I still have a while to think about it. ha Yes I did receive the package and everything. Thanks so much! I appreciate it and enjoy the food! So about Thanksgiving yes I have a big meal planned at 6 tomorrow night with a lady named Lorennia. Ive never met her before so we will see how it goes! I also have a Thanksgiving dinner next week so don't worry about me not getting fed! Sounds like you all are doing well and having a great time with the holiday season! Continue to enjoy this time of life! Take advantage of every moment, tell each other you love each other. Why? Because the prophet said so that's why! I love you all and am thankful for your support and prayers. Let me know if I can do anything for you and yes mom i'm still working on your letter ha. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and remember to smile!
Elder Gleed

No comments:

Post a Comment