Saturday, November 5, 2011

Nov. 2, 2011

Hey family. Hows everyone doing? Honestly I don't really remember last week, it just kind of flew by! ha nothing really exciting happened unfortunately but Ill share what little stuff did later. Sounds like the blog is pretty sweet, no dad I was not here for the baseball game but I guess its something they do every summer so Ill be doing that soon. There shouldn't be too many pictures of me on there but maybe in the future, maybe after the Christmas party which is going to be like in the middle of December which is kind of lame. ha but oh well. I cant believe its already the end of the transfer, its super weird! I think Elder Valdetano and I are going to stay here for another transfer and if not then I will go somewhere else but I have no idea, Hopefully not a bike area especially in the cold! We will find out on Monday! Glad to hear you guys had a good Halloween. Halloween over here doesn't even feel like a holiday when your a missionary ha the only thing that really changes is that you have to be home by 6 because they don't want you knocking on doors and such. We had our first big snow storm last Saturday, there were some pretty big wrecks that happened but that only lasted for the day, its pretty warm now again. Elder Valdetano and I finally busted out the bikes this last week. and Yup you guessed it Dad, I'm hurting in some places I'm not going to describe haha. It was a lot of fun though. I'm excited to go to a bike area...just not in the cold ha. Sounds like Dillon is getting pretty active with school and the dating life style. Which is good, for the most part ha. I don't have my camera so I cant send you the one picture I took this week (sorry Mom it just doesn't seem like there is anything worth taking a picture sometimes ha) but its a picture of my new blanket I got from Tommy. She is a member of the Derwood English ward and is known as Grandma. She is just this big happy black lady to sum everything up haha. She is way funny I will get a picture with her soon, she feeds us every Saturday. My blanket has elephants, giraffes and zebras on it so you can tell its pretty legit. My Canadian roommate always turns the air conditioner on so its freezing in our apartment (like 58 degrees) The Christmas carol, Did I see that one? That should be fun to go and see that, let me know how it goes. Any exciting plans coming up for Thanksgiving? Hmmm Glad to hear that the family seems to be doing good. Do you guys remember Jake Walton from the MTC? He went to Columbia and I got an email from him today. he sounds like he is doing really well and having a great time in Columbia. he said its normal for them to hear gun shots during their lessons and he eats some super gross exotic food. Man that sounds pretty sweet to me! ha
Things have been going pretty slow here In Olney the last couple of weeks. We've been getting dropped by our investigators and have been struggling with finding new people. Hopefully that will change soon. I am kind of hoping I get transferred this transfer so I can change things up a little bit. We had the John Schmidt concert this last Sunday and it was way good, Man I wish I could play the piano so bad. ha. Other than that our normal day usually consist of: Personal study, companionship study, language study, lunch, then a bunch of appointments/service/knocking(usually knocking more than anything) and sometimes we don't get dinner. then we return to the house at around 9:30 and then plan for the next day. sweet eh? ha the days are a lot more fun when you have appointments or service planned. Its always fun when something unexpected goes on during the day ha. Its crazy that by the end of this next transfer it will be like a week before Christmas! Time seems really short when you divide it up into 6 week segments ha. Unfortunately I don't have anything and I'm in a rush or else I would write some more but Everything is going well here and I'm glad to hear everything is going well there as well. I don't know how much more to tell you about my life ha so let me know what you want to know. I'm hope you guys are happy and continuing to show love for one another. I can wait to hear from you next week! stay safe and don't stop smiling!!!!!
Elder Gleed

No comments:

Post a Comment