Saturday, November 5, 2011

Oct. 12, 2011

Hey familia!
How is everyone doing? It sounds like Ive led you to believe that its cold here ha We've had a cold day every once in a while but its still pretty warm here, its cooled down for sure but still warm. I'm just making sure I'm prepared for when it does get cold ha. I did receive the package with the shirts gracias! I don't think I really need anything at this point so I think you will be able to finally hold off a little on the packages ha Sounds like the you guys are all staying busy with school and work. Glad to hear that Dillon and Braden are still alive and the house is still in one piece. ha That's weird that the stake split, so does that mean there is a new stake center around? The stake center up here is super nice. Definitely the nicest church building Ive seen. I'm not going to be able to recognize home in anyway when I get back it sounds like. ha Let me know how the big trip in Denmark goes! I'm excited for you guys! Ive been thinking, Dillon better go to some cool Spanish speaking country for his mission so I can go over there after his mission and practice my Spanish skills! I think that would be way fun!

So there are 3 other Elders in my apartment Elder Valdetano (my companion from Mexico but he lived in New York for about 3 years before his mission) then there is Elder Vanaa (English/French speaking Elder from Tahiti) and Elder Fawcett (English speaking from Canada) Yup so that makes me the only American in the apartment sweet huh? ha They are all doing really well and great Elders. Its funny to listen to Elder Vanaa and Elder Valdetano talk to each other English because they don't really make sense at all but they understand each other and they think they are pretty funny. Especially Elder Valdetano. ha If you guys would like to write Elder Valdetano im sure he would love it! He wants to practice his English and he doesn't get very much mail. Like once or twice a transfer ( 6 weeks) So go ahead and send him something

This week Jose Paz got baptized! I sent you the pictures so hopefully you are able to see them. Sorry they aren't the greatest pictures. But it was a great baptism, almost the whole ward was there! We filled up the chapel and there was a ton of food after. Got to love food! Yeah maybe you could send me a simple cook book or something because I'm kind of getting sick of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and cereal everyday ha. Anyways it was a great day for the Paz family and they were all super happy and excited to begin there 1 year wait for the temple. Elder Croft and I can go with them when they go through so we are way excited for that! Hermano Paz is going to be a great member and priest holder, i called him 2 nights ago to see how he was doing and to invite him to a concert at the visitors center and when I asked him what he was doing he said that he was reading the priesthood manuals so he could get ready to receive the priesthood. Pretty sweet eh?
So a little bit more about this concert: its called la noche de musica y inspiracion (Night of Music and Inspiration) where the talented missionaries(so no, I did not participate) sing and play instruments and then others give talks about the theme of the night. And then those that have 0 talents like yours truly do things like give the opening prayer. :) (although it was a pretty darn good prayer might I add) It is a really neat night and such a blessing to have in our mission. but since it is all in Spanish those people that don't speak Spanish (like President Matsumori) need someone to translate for them. So after I gave my super impressive opening prayer, President came and sat by me and said: "you can translate for me right?" and then I said:"uhhhhhhhh, sure?" Probably not the response he was looking for but I ended up translating the talks and commentary for him. I just remember offering a silent prayer and then hey I did alright and he said he was impressed so he will probably make me Junior companion district leader this up coming transfer or something like that ha. (you guys probably wont get that because you don't know too much about missionary stuff but just laugh anyways because its funny) So those were probably the highlights of the week. Unfortunately we are not going to have a baptism this weekend because she didn't come to church this last Sunday but were hoping for the week after. Elder Valdetano wants to bust out the bikes this next week so I will let you know how that goes, hopefully its somewhat warm still.
I would like to share a scripture with you before i get off. Its in Romans Chapter 8 and i think its verse 30 and 31 but not sure, its the last 2 verses of the chapter though. Anyways it talks about the love of God and how there is nothing in this world that will separate us from that love. Although we sin and draw ourselves away from God, His love for us is the same. As well when we are going through hard times that we don't think we can handle we can always pray and find that love. Our Heavenly Father loves us and if we would only look around us and look for that love we would find it. Its everywhere! I hope you guys have a fun week and that you continue to choose the right and hold to the Iron rod! I love you all very much! Everyone be safe, be happy and remember to smile :)

Los vemos!

Elder Gleed

No comments:

Post a Comment