Monday, January 9, 2012

Dec. 20, 2011

Hey everyone! How is it going? Are you guys all set for Christmas? What are the plans this year? By the way we got permission from the president to text you guys to coordinate calling times on Christmas so I will text you sometime within the week but what time did you say church is over and everything? I don't know what I will be doing for Christmas yet as of right now we have nothing planned but I'm sure that will change! It sure doesn't feel like Christmas over here! Right now its 60 degrees outside, its crazy! But I'm loving it! I hope it stays like this for a while. I just hope it doesn't mean that winter is going to last super long. Well my third transfer is ended and Elder Edwards left for home today. It was pretty sad to see him go, we became pretty good friends during the transfer. I hope to see him a lot when I get home. I learned a ton from his example, he was a great missionary. My new companion is Elder Lee and he is a great Elder as well and we have a lot of work to do this transfer. I am excited to talk to you all on the phone on Sunday, I cant believe six months has already passed by. Thanks so much for the packages I've really enjoyed the candy and everything unfortunately I had to give all the caramel popcorn and fudge to members because we wanted to give them something nice but they sure did love it and they wanted me to tell you all thank you! Thanks so much for all that you do. Cool experience of the week was probably with Fernando and the other one with Carolina. We watched that 17 miracles movie, holy cow that was a good movie! I was on the verge of bawling my eyes out ha. It definitely gives you a spiritual check the pioneers had so much faith to do what they did and they were rewarded with miracles because of their faith. i know I sure can have more faith like the pioneers and I'm striving to do that everyday, especially this next transfer. The next one was with Fernando as Elder Edwards and I went over to say goodbye. Fernando was crying because he didn't want Edwards to leave. Edwards left a huge impact on him and was considered as one of his best friends. I think we should all strive to set that example for someone else. This transfer has opened up my eyes and has made me realize I have a ton of work to do and a lot of needed improvement. I hope I can do it. You all are incredible and I love you so much. I hope and pray that you are striving to be your best selves especially during this Holiday season, remember who's name you took upon yourself when you entered into the waters of baptism. When you took that name you promised you would do as the Christ would do in all places, all times and in all things. I know you guys can do it. Well I will talk to you guys on Sunday. I love you and don't forget to smile!
Love Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment