Saturday, August 6, 2011

August 4, 2011

Hey!
How are things going over there in Eagle Mountain? The other day I was talking to some old guy while I was walking back from the temples and he got mad at me when I told him that I was from Eagle Mountain, because I said it like Eagle Mountin instead MounTAIN. I need to be careful next time! How is everyone doing?

Thanks for the packages! I could never get sick of food are you kidding me?? ha Sorry I don't have a ton of pictures lately, things get repetitive here so nothing new really happens to take pictures of. Lo siento! (I'm sorry) Thanks for everything Mom! I love you!
I should be getting my flight plans later today! I'm pretty excited, I should be the first person from my district to leave but I'll let you know for sure later. Yup Jahde and Parker left on Monday I guess they were on the same bus to the airport or something so thats cool. It was funny because Jahde was all worried about being on an airplane by himself. I'm glad I have some experience since I went to San Francisco by myself. It was nice. I hope I at least know one person in my travel group but we will see! It was hard saying goodbye to Jahde but definitely easier to say goodbye here in the MTC. I just told him "well, see you in a few months" which is pretty much true. Thanks for the updates on the world events everyone is clueless whats going on out there besides what we hear from our families.
So my weeks are all jumbled together and I don't really know exactly what went on this week ha. But we continue to have great firesides, this week the guy that wrote "the work and the glory" spoke to us. We've learned a lot about Charity and service over the past few weeks. Its amazing how the Lord seems to always find a topic for the speakers to speak on that specifically helps me in one way or another. Blows my mind. Yesterday i was teaching a lesson and I just let loose on Spanish and I was super shocked. Sometimes it just comes so easy. There has to be some sort of gift of tongues because I have been here for less than 2 months and I'm speaking ten times better than I was when taking those three years of Spanish in High school. Its ridiculous. But in a good way of course. So i recently memorized the first vision in Spanish. Chido eh? Well not much time but I found my favorite quote on LDS.org so I want to share it with you before i Get off.
"our promised blessings are beyond measure, though the storm clouds may gather, though the rains may pour down upon us, our knowledge of the gospel and our love of our Heavenly Father and of our Savior will comfort and sustain us and bring joy to our hearts as we walk uprightly and keep the commandments. There will be nothing in this world that can defeat us. My beloved brothers and sisters, fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith. --Thomas S. Monson.
I had an interview with my teacher yesterday and she had this prompting to ask me if there was something going on in my head about my mission. I just told her that I don't want to be the person who I came her as anymore. I want to be better, I want to be that person that people think of when they think of a good example. So I hope I can change and that you can see that change in me when I return home home. Thanks so much for all that you do. I miss you and love you so much and hope that you guys are doing well. Well I'll talk to you in a week Hasta luego!!
Elder Gleed

No comments:

Post a Comment