Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Well hello!
Just to start off with your questions: I can go buy a pillow and a camera case but I will need money. Were pretty much flat broke out here. Ive eaten peanut butter and jelly sandwiches pretty much everyday this week ha but its all good.
So how is everyone doing? Schools started now right? Hows that going for everyone? That's cool that Braden got Mr. Amendola, he is one of my favorite teachers, he will like him! By the way my address book was in that backpack that was lost so I don't have any ones addresses anymore. ha So if you would like to get me some that would be awesome!
Well, Francisco was baptized! It was pretty awesome to see! And he has already come with us to some teaching appointments because he wants to be a missionary. We took some pictures so I will try to send them. Francisco asked me to give the talk about the Holy Ghost for his baptism. It was good I think for the most part. I did it all in Spanish without any notes! In front of a pretty good sized group. So hopefully you can say Spanish is getting a teeny bit better. That was the highlight of our week though! Other than that its just good ole missionary work. We have had some pretty sweet experiences as well with some pretty weird or discouraging ones. For example Elder Croft and I were called Satan 2 days ago. We decided to talk to this one lady that was sitting on her porch and at first it was looking like it was going to be a pretty good contact, well it went down hill super fast. She started talking about how great she was and it was almost like she wasn't even listening to us or anything we were saying. And then out of no where she started calling us Satan so we just decided to leave. Interesting people out here! Well the hurricane wasn't too bad. At least not around our apartment. There were some areas that were hit pretty bad. We were driving and we saw this car with a huge tree branch on top of it. The windshield was shattered and the car was pretty dented, it was sad. And then we have been helping this family who house got torn up pretty bad. Trees fell over and tore down the power lines and started a fire. So we have been cutting up the wood for them and sharing the gospel at the same time, multi-tasking, got to love it! We have a couple people in our teaching pool that we think we can get baptized if we work hard enough. There is this family, la familia Paz, and everyone is a member and goes to church, except for the dad. But were going to take them to the Visitor center and have a sweet lesson about the Plan of Salvation so hopefully he will see the importance of baptism and eternal families! I am definitely learning alot out here, especially during personal study. I wish we had a full day of personal study sometimes ha. I have read so many general conference talks its ridiculous but I love them! One of the coolest things Ive been learning about the gospel is how simple and straight forward it is. There are no areas in the gospel that don't make sense or that we can slack off on. Its perfect! One of the things Ive been working on having is charity. And i found this sweet quote during one of my study's. "How we relate and interact with each other is a measure of our willingness to follow Jesus Christ." It just shows how important Charity is and loving everyone no matter who they are because we are all Heavenly Fathers children. Even when people call you Satan you have to remember that Heavenly Father loves her so i should too. Look for the good in everyone because its there, some people its just harder to find it! Be the person your Heavenly Father needs you to be! That's what I'm trying to do and Elder Croft and I have definitely seen blessings from our obedience so far! I know you will find blessings even miracles from your obedience and diligence to live the gospel as well! Well hopefully next week I will have some more exciting and fun experience for you! Next P day we have "Fall sports day" its a mission activity and I hear its pretty fun! Well if there is anything I can do for you all let me know! Id love to help. Until next week Alma 34:41! Have hope! Its a commandment! Love you all! Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment