Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Hey!
Well I made it and its great! The flight wasn't too bad actually, I thought I wouldn't be able to sleep at all but I pretty much slept the whole flight. ha I haven't stayed up that late in forever, although I did wake up and my whole left side was numb because of the way I was sleeping. It was awesome talking to you guys, it sounds like your all doing great. Its weird that next time I call you I will have been out for 6 months! Loco! When we got to Georgia we didn't really have much time between flights and I ended up sleeping that whole flight too. When we got here we met the Mission President and his wife along with some of the Presidents assistants. They are all super nice and it was great meeting them. We then headed over to the temple which is the most beautiful temple in the entire world, definitely my favorite and the pictures you have seen don't do it justice! When your driving down the interstate the Temple towers over all of the trees and is impossible to miss it. I will get pictures soon. As of right now I still haven't even unpacked or seen my suitcases. ha. We were able to make a commitment to the Lord within the temple grounds. It was really neat and was suppose to be our own personal "sacred grove". I felt really great and I am already in love with my mission. I am glad I am here in D.C. When it comes time for me to come home I am suppose to go back to the temple grounds and have a followup meeting with the Lord about my commitment I made. I cant wait for that! After the temple we headed over to IHOP where I had the Breakfast Sampler, which isn't a ton of food but a decent amount. I was super surprised that we were able to take a nap! I was expecting many things but definitely not a nap that's for sure. I was out right when I hit the bed and slept the whole 3 hours. They tried to wake Elder Clapier and I a couple times before we actually woke up. After that we went over some of the mission rules mostly about cars and health. Which I am a class B driver so as of right now I'm not allowed to drive any mission cars, bummer eh? I have to pretty much do traffic school again before I can start driving but I'm not really sure if i want to start driving ha its been a while! Then after we practiced contacting each other within the mission home. The mission home is awesome by the way and has super comfortable beds. its a really nice home. That is when I had my meeting with President Matsumori, He is great and I am excited to get to know him better over the next 22 months. He will actually be heading home the same time as me so that will be neat. After that we had a delicious dinner made by Sister Matsumori herself. It's great to have real food! After that we played a little ping pong and had a great testimony meeting. There are so many great missionaries here and I am excited to get to know them. After that there was dessert which was awesome once again. Then it was off to bed. This morning I met my trainer or my Dad, Elder Croft from Sandy Utah. He has been here 8 months and he is a great Elder. I am excited to start working with him, He said we will work hard which I really want to do. Then we went to a temple session which made me love the temple even more. They said i should be able to go once a transfer so that will be great and I will definitely take advantage of that. My P days are on Wednesdays so expect to hear from me every Wednesday. I still am only suppose to be on the computer for 30 minutes so I think it will be best if you either write me or email. either or works but I wont be able to see any emails until Wednesday. My area is called Lonely I think which is suppose to be really big, its not part of the city but I can go there every Pday if I want so Elder Croft said he wanted to go next Wednesday so I will be there and I will take lots of pictures. About the address so just send my stuff to that address I sent Dad (my mission home address) but Just make sure to put Elder Austin Gleed on the envelope when you send it. Simple as that! I will have so much more and pictures for you next week!I was thinking, I'M going to need a raincoat probably soon and then they said it doesn't really start getting cold until after conference in October. I cant really think of anything else at the moment but I will probably in an hour or so because I will be unpacking then. My bike made it fine but my area is not a bike mission right now so I have a little while before I will actually have to use it. I am excited to get out and start working. Elder Croft said we are going to a families house for dinner tonight. They are from El Salvador and only speak Spanish, wish me luck! We should get some knocking on doors out of the way tonight as well. Let the fun begin right? Its crazy that I'm finally out here! I cant wait to hear from you! I love you all!
Elder Gleed

No comments:

Post a Comment